Network Management

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave: Schedule Reboot

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Airwave: Schedule Reboot

Posted Feb 26, 2014 01:11 PM

I'm trying to schedule a reboot of some devices that are in manage only mode.  "Allow Rebooting Monitor Only APs/Devices" is set to Yes. Yet, I can't figure out how to schedule a reboot for these devices.  Isn't this possible?

• 2.  RE: Airwave: Schedule Reboot
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2014 01:26 PM

If you go to the page AP/Devices and get the devices you wish to reboot, click "modify devices" and then check off the devices you wish to reboot.  There should be a button below this table to reboot selected devices.

• 3.  RE: Airwave: Schedule Reboot

Posted Feb 26, 2014 01:29 PM

Awesome!  Thank you.  Definitely not very obvious for someone casually looking for how to do this. Was expecting a reboot  button on the device's manage page.

• 4.  RE: Airwave: Schedule Reboot

Posted Feb 26, 2014 03:24 PM

I tested the schedule feature and it's not working.  The scheduled job shows "failed".  The last messag in the event log shows "Aruba XXXX  XXXXXX Rebooting".

The controller and AP are in monitor only mode.

Airwave is set to allow reboots in monitor only mode.

Airwave has no problem polling the device or pulling its config.

Any thoughts on why this would fail?

• 5.  RE: Airwave: Schedule Reboot

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2014 03:53 PM
    Are you running the latest release of airwave? Is there anything in the event log or the log of the controller?

• 6.  RE: Airwave: Schedule Reboot

Posted Feb 26, 2014 04:06 PM

I can't find anything in the even log of the controller to indicate a problem.

• 7.  RE: Airwave: Schedule Reboot

Posted Feb 26, 2014 04:12 PM

I should add that I'm not seeing Airwave log into the controller.  My assumption is that Airwave should be logging into the controller to reboot the AP, right?

• 8.  RE: Airwave: Schedule Reboot

Posted Feb 26, 2014 11:03 PM

Update

Scheduled reboot is working on switches, but not APs.  TAC is looking into the AP reboot issue.

• 9.  RE: Airwave: Schedule Reboot
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 08, 2014 11:56 PM

Update: Reboot issue with APs was resolved in 7.7.11.

• 10.  RE: Airwave: Schedule Reboot

Posted Apr 17, 2015 12:11 PM

Anyone know of a way to schedule a reboot of ALL IAPs in a cluster periodically?  I'm finding a need to reboot my clusters about every 3-4 days.  I need to be able to do the equivalent of "reload all" from the CLI or Reboot All from the Maintenance --> Reboot tab in the GUI.  But if I go into AirWave and select the VC, it won't let me reboot that.

• 11.  RE: Airwave: Schedule Reboot

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 20, 2015 12:50 PM

Go to ap/devices list, expand to show all APs, filter for the folder of devices you want in the scheduled event.  Then click the modify devices link to get checkboxes, check the entries that are the physical APs (not Virtual Controller entries), and then select the bulk reboot option.  It should then take you to the scheduler and allow you to schedule reboots.  Reboot options are limited to daily,weekly,monthly... so doing so every 3-4 days would require an RFE to be filed to change the feature to be more flexible.

• 12.  RE: Airwave: Schedule Reboot

Posted Apr 20, 2015 02:04 PM

@rgin wrote:

Go to ap/devices list, expand to show all APs, filter for the folder of devices you want in the scheduled event.  Then click the modify devices link to get checkboxes, check the entries that are the physical APs (not Virtual Controller entries), and then select the bulk reboot option.  It should then take you to the scheduler and allow you to schedule reboots.  Reboot options are limited to daily,weekly,monthly... so doing so every 3-4 days would require an RFE to be filed to change the feature to be more flexible.

Thanks!  I tried that, but unfortunately, even when I checked a single AP (not the VC), when I chose "Reboot", it told me "No bulk rebootable devices were selected."  ???

BTW, there isn't a specific option that says "Bulk reboot"; it's just "Rebooted selected devices."

• 13.  RE: Airwave: Schedule Reboot

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 20, 2015 04:04 PM

Interesting, do you have allow reboot in monitor-only flag enabled on AMP Setup?  Also, what version of FW is your IAP running?

• 14.  RE: Airwave: Schedule Reboot

Posted Apr 20, 2015 04:49 PM

@rgin wrote:

Interesting, do you have allow reboot in monitor-only flag enabled on AMP Setup?  Also, what version of FW is your IAP running?

You're right, that was it.  Now I can schedule reboots.  Although I wish there was a way I could tell it to do the equivalent of a "reboot all" command from the VC, rather than Airwave having to tell every single AP to reboot.

We're running firmware version 6.4.2.3-4.1.2.1.