Network Management

MVP

Airwave: Schedule Reboot

I'm trying to schedule a reboot of some devices that are in manage only mode.  "Allow Rebooting Monitor Only APs/Devices" is set to Yes. Yet, I can't figure out how to schedule a reboot for these devices.  Isn't this possible?

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Aruba

Re: Airwave: Schedule Reboot

If you go to the page AP/Devices and get the devices you wish to reboot, click "modify devices" and then check off the devices you wish to reboot.  There should be a button below this table to reboot selected devices.

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
MVP

Awesome!  Thank you.  Definitely not very obvious for someone casually looking for how to do this. Was expecting a reboot  button on the device's manage page.

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
MVP

I tested the schedule feature and it's not working.  The scheduled job shows "failed".  The last messag in the event log shows "Aruba XXXX  XXXXXX Rebooting".

The controller and AP are in monitor only mode.

Airwave is set to allow reboots in monitor only mode.

Airwave has no problem polling the device or pulling its config.

Any thoughts on why this would fail?

Aruba

Are you running the latest release of airwave? Is there anything in the event log or the log of the controller?
Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
MVP

I can't find anything in the even log of the controller to indicate a problem.

MVP

I should add that I'm not seeing Airwave log into the controller.  My assumption is that Airwave should be logging into the controller to reboot the AP, right?

MVP

Update

Scheduled reboot is working on switches, but not APs.  TAC is looking into the AP reboot issue.

MVP

Update: Reboot issue with APs was resolved in 7.7.11.

Contributor II

Anyone know of a way to schedule a reboot of ALL IAPs in a cluster periodically?  I'm finding a need to reboot my clusters about every 3-4 days.  I need to be able to do the equivalent of "reload all" from the CLI or Reboot All from the Maintenance --> Reboot tab in the GUI.  But if I go into AirWave and select the VC, it won't let me reboot that.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: