Network Management

Occasional Contributor I

Airwave Traffic Analysis "No Data Available"

Hi all, 

Fairly new to Airwave here and just getting started with a new server running 8.2.6. As of now I have two IAP virtual controllers, two IAPs, and one Aruba 2530 switch being managed in Airwave. 

When I go to Traffic Analysis, all charts are blank and show "No Data Available". Our goal is to utilize Airwave to have visilbilty into the traffic on our Aruba devices on our WAN. 

What am I missing here in order to get this to show data?

Re: Airwave Traffic Analysis "No Data Available"

Are you managing the IAPs from AirWave with Instant GUI Config?  If so, you need to make sure the IGC toggle under System -> Traffic Analysis visibility = All.  After that, you need make sure you have the right Firewall rules set to allow/deny applications.  This is under Security -> Roles.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks Rob!

Occasional Contributor I

Upon further review, this works for my IAPs. However, I see no such setting for any of the switches I am trying to monitor traffic on. Such as an Aruba 2530 which I am managing in  Airwave. 

Correct, we get Traffic Analysis from the APs/Controllers.  It's a roadmap item to support from the switches as we build our wired side features more.

Rob Gin
Occasional Contributor I

Understood. That works fine for the way we utilize the Aruba equipment. One more question. For the destinations graph, why does not only show IP addresses and not websites. And for clients, it only shows Mac addresses. Seems I have dns setup but maybe not in right areas. What's proper way to make it all resolve to names?

The raw data passed to AirWave is IP addresses and MACs.  AirWave gets the info immediately if the translated destination has never been hit before.  In the case that the controller has seen the destination before - I haven't seen the data resolve ever in my short lived lab setups.  I used a controller reboot to force the websites to AirWave.  Client usernames / device names I'd have to do more research into that path.

Rob Gin
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: