Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Traffic Graphs

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Airwave Traffic Graphs

Posted Nov 19, 2014 09:13 PM

I have Airwave with multiple controllers and few traffic graphs.  

One pair is a 7200 series controller.  When I look at the traffic graphs for the controllers on Airwave versus the network ports that they're attaching to, they're not even close to lining up.  On my MRTG I am seeing upwards of 150 Mbps to 210 Mbps, however the controller in Airwave is showing around 20 Mbps of usage with some spikes.  I am running 6.4.2.2 code.  

I also have a number of M3 controllers, where the network port traffic isn't lining up.  It seems to be that Airwave is showing about 70% of the MRTG network traffic.  Code here is 6.3.1.13

I have reimported all the configs and done audits.  I usually run Airwave in monitor only mode.  

Does anyone have any resources or experience around this?  I am using AMON (as best I can tell, as the traffic is getting to the server), however the prefer AMON option is not enabled.  

Thanks!

Brian

• 2.  RE: Airwave Traffic Graphs

Posted Nov 19, 2014 09:51 PM

It's been our general experience that without prefer-amon the traffic is 1/2 to 2/3rds reality.  With prefer-AMON the client count is way too high, and I forget what happens with the traffic.  Also AppRF traffic is way too high in either case, last time I looked.  We haven't had time to debug it by setting up a clean demo-mode server.

Right now we only use it as a relative measure and when we need an absolute measure we go to other equipment.