Network Management

MVP

Airwave Upgrade site - for a proxy

All,

I'm trying to figure out the URL that Airwave uses to query for new updates. I'm working with a customer and we're going to have to send Airwave through a proxy and restrict its outbound access to just this site.

Thanks for any help that you can offer!

-Mike

Aruba

Re: Airwave Upgrade site - for a proxy

If you look in the amp-upgrade script, there should be some clues in there as well.  I can't remember the exact location of these scripts, but the linux commands find, locate and whereis will help.

Otherwise, try to do a pcap on airwave, then amp-upgrade.  You should be able to tell from the pcap what it is looking for in dns.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Guru Elite

boston1630 wrote:

All,

I'm trying to figure out the URL that Airwave uses to query for new updates. I'm working with a customer and we're going to have to send Airwave through a proxy and restrict its outbound access to just this site.

Thanks for any help that you can offer!

-Mike

Instructions on how to upgrade Airwave through a Proxy:  https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/FAQ/How-do-I-upgrade-the-AMP-if-it-has-to-go-through-a-proxy-to-get-to-the-internet

You should be able to see the site in the Proxy afterwards.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

All,

Thanks for the reply a month ago! It took me a hot minute to get back to this. I totally missed this in Colin's link - the site that the proxy was trying to hit was the support site at "support.arubanetworks.com." The "-x" flag on the end works as expected when a proxy allows the support site. 

Thanks!

-Mike

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: