Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Version 7.7.4 - Data Switch Port Termination Information (Upstream Port Information)

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave Version 7.7.4 - Data Switch Port Termination Information (Upstream Port Information)

Posted Nov 05, 2013 01:51 PM

Hey Guys,

When I was running Airwave 7.7.3, I loved the capability where Airwave provided granular information as regards to the Physical Port on a Data Switch (MAS Swicth)  that an AP was terminated on. Now, it seems this "Table" no longer exists from Release 7.7.4. 

The only Table I see on Airwave 7.7.4 is "Upstream". Even this is not provided on 7.7.4. I have Aruba TAC looking into this as well.

But has anyone encountered this issue? Do you have the ability to see the Upstream Port on the Data Switch that the AP is connected to? I just don't want to know the Upstream Switch, which I feel the "Table" on Airwave 7.7.4 might be providing (if it was working anyway), but providing the Upstream Port is a huge deal.

This capability made me appreciate the Airwave Server. Wasn't a huge fan of this Management Platform from past experience.

Any ideas anyone?

• 2.  RE: Airwave Version 7.7.4 - Data Switch Port Termination Information (Upstream Port Information)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 05, 2013 03:58 PM

I'll have someone on the team look into that.

• 3.  RE: Airwave Version 7.7.4 - Data Switch Port Termination Information (Upstream Port Information)

Posted Nov 05, 2013 04:16 PM

@rgin wrote:

I'll have someone on the team look into that.

Thanks Rob.

• 4.  RE: Airwave Version 7.7.4 - Data Switch Port Termination Information (Upstream Port Information)

Posted Nov 07, 2013 07:47 AM

It looks like we are not actually getting the info from the switch in 7.7.4. We were able to replicate this behavior on our lab. A bug is open and our Engineers will take a look. Just curious, what AOS version of the switch are you running? 

• 5.  RE: Airwave Version 7.7.4 - Data Switch Port Termination Information (Upstream Port Information)

Posted Nov 07, 2013 09:38 AM

@dsameer wrote:

It looks like we are not actually getting the info from the switch in 7.7.4. We were able to replicate this behavior on our lab. A bug is open and our Engineers will take a look. Just curious, what AOS version of the switch are you running? 

Thanks dsameer. Airwave TAC is also looking into this. But he unfortunately hasn't informed me of any MR/Bug created for this issue.

See below for your request.

Aruba Operating System Software.

ArubaOS (MODEL: ArubaS3500-48P), Version 7.2.2.1

Copyright (c) 2002-2013, Aruba Networks, Inc.

Compiled on 2013-06-19 at 07:05:29 PDT (build 38712) by p4build

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version CPBoot 1.0.37.0 (build 36057)

Built: 2012-11-06 23:15:03

Built by: p4build@re_client_36057

Switch uptime is 86 days 21 hours 16 seconds

Reboot Cause: User reboot.

Processor XLS 208 (revision A1) with 1023M bytes of memory. 

955M bytes of System flash

• 6.  RE: Airwave Version 7.7.4 - Data Switch Port Termination Information (Upstream Port Information)

Posted Nov 08, 2013 12:54 AM

Thanks for the details eosuorah. I've passed on the bug details to theTAC Engineer handling your case and he will update you once we find a resolution for this. 

• 7.  RE: Airwave Version 7.7.4 - Data Switch Port Termination Information (Upstream Port Information)

Posted Nov 09, 2013 05:04 PM

@dsameer wrote:

Thanks for the details @eosuorah. I've passed on the bug details to theTAC Engineer handling your case and he will update you once we find a resolution for this. 

Thanks dsameer.