Network Management

last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave VisualRF AP name issue

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Airwave VisualRF AP name issue

Posted Jun 23, 2015 03:51 AM

Hi all,

I have a problem with Airwave and VisualRF. 

I have rename all the APs on my Controller and in the Airwave device list I see the correct new name of all the APs. But in the VisualRF section, there are some APs with still the wrong old name, and I don't know how I can changhe these name. So in maps I (and specially the customer!) see some APs with the wrong names.

It is only a vision problem, the APs and all the other thinghs are working well, but I must solve this issue.

Some suggestions?

Thanks,

Massimo

• 2.  RE: Airwave VisualRF AP name issue

Posted Jun 23, 2015 04:11 AM

Try to remove those APs from VisualRF and again add them.
    That time it should come with Proper name.
    --

• 3.  RE: Airwave VisualRF AP name issue

Posted Jun 23, 2015 04:35 AM

No, SumaN. In the VisualRF AP list I always see these APs with wrong name, also if I remove the APs from the map.

• 4.  RE: Airwave VisualRF AP name issue

Posted Jun 23, 2015 04:52 AM
    Then remove those AP from Airwave and let them comeback automatically.

• 5.  RE: Airwave VisualRF AP name issue
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 23, 2015 05:07 PM

When this happens to me I restart the VisualRF service to fix it.  Go to VisualRF, on the bar under the

tab go to "Setup",  Top item "Emable VisualRF Engine" set it to no and then use the save button.

Then wait 10 to 15 minutes. Then turn it back on again.  Then wait 5-10 minutes and it will be back up.

• 6.  RE: Airwave VisualRF AP name issue

Posted Jun 24, 2015 03:02 AM

Thank you 

• 7.  RE: Airwave VisualRF AP name issue

Posted Jan 19, 2018 10:05 AM

Have run into this issue recently as well and it appears that there is a better solution now. There is a refresh link under edit tab that does the trick. More here:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Monitoring-Management-Location/How-VisualRF-refresh-works/ta-p/292327