Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Web Interface look

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave Web Interface look

Posted Mar 13, 2018 12:29 PM

Hi, I have strange issue with airwave web interface, it should look like

But on my installation (vmware) it looks not ok, I looked into the settings and manual and nowhere I can find option for the look of the web interface. Here is how it is:

screenshot-aruba.png

Any advise here? The rest of the airwave looks fine, but it's pretty difficult to work with the interface as the tables and formatting looks completely gone.

• 2.  RE: Airwave Web Interface look

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 14, 2018 12:19 AM

Not sure if i understood you correctly, If you are reffering to the difference between both the screen shots, then one is the clarity page and other is the Home page. 

On your install if you navigate to Home --> Clarity page it should look the same as above.

• 3.  RE: Airwave Web Interface look

Posted Mar 14, 2018 05:28 AM

Hi again,

Here is it Clarity, there is no nice formatting, the tables backround is missing. Is there any option where the skin is configured? I use Mozilla browser, but it's exactly the same with chrome:

screenshot-10.32.254.188-2018-03-14-11-26-24.png

• 4.  RE: Airwave Web Interface look

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 14, 2018 07:27 AM

Hi,

We need to enable stats on controller/IAP to get clarity data in Airwave

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Monitoring-Management-Location/How-to-get-Clarity-data-on-Airwave/ta-p/266274

• 5.  RE: Airwave Web Interface look

Posted Mar 14, 2018 07:39 AM

It's not about clarity itself. I mean that the web interface of arwave does not look proper. For example on that photo bellow, the red maket tables, do you think they should look like this? Can you show me how they look on your system? I think I should see them with a nice format in a table, not just like this dumb "unformatted" look.

screenshot-10.32.254.188-2018-03-14-13-36-30.png

• 6.  RE: Airwave Web Interface look

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 14, 2018 10:04 AM

Hi

co.PNG

• 7.  RE: Airwave Web Interface look

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 14, 2018 11:00 AM

What AMP version are you running?

Your comparison screenshot looks like its from an older version of AirWave.  The table lines were removed in 8.2.4 to match with other product UI (see AOS controller and ClearPass UIs).

It'd be a feature request to get gridlines in the tables again.  I had filed as a defect when the change first happened, but it was closed since the change was done on purpose.  I'm not a fan of tables without grids, so I'm in the same boat as you.  Need customer feedback as proof that the UI needs to be improved.

• 8.  RE: Airwave Web Interface look

Posted Mar 15, 2018 05:12 AM

Thanks, Rob. I just wrote my previous comment before seeing yours. Indeed for me missing the tables, the web UI looks incomplete, it's like some CSS is missing or something is wrong. And it's pretty awlful from design point of view. It's like some junior web dev was playing with the interface and leaved it in the middle of a test. :)

I use that version still in evaluation, so it's fine, it was the latest available 2 months ago. But if you add back the tables in the future it would be great. 

• 9.  RE: Airwave Web Interface look

Posted Mar 15, 2018 05:07 AM

So, apparently my web interface is ok. I just expected some nice formating of the tables like the photo I added in my first post (probably from older version of airwave).

Is there any way to change the web skin to be more eye friendly?