Network Management

Airwave and HP Procurve 1810G not supported?

I need to monitor (not manage) HP Procurve 1810G switches.

Reading the supported devices list, it shows that HP Procurve switches are supported but when adding it, it fails to get existing configuration and is down.

If I add it as a universal network device, it works fine obviously.

It is a procurve switch so not sure why it can't be added as a procurve switch. Is it because it is a not fully managed switch but smart managed?

I do see some errors when I snmpwalk the switch from Airwave right at the beginning of the walk. (why it is mentioning Cisco mibs, not sure)

Bad timestamp format (11 or 13 characters) (2011122200000Z): At line 164 in /usr/local/airwave/share/snmp/mibs/CISCO-LWAPP-PMIP-MIB.my
Did not find 'zeroDotZero' in module SNMPv2-SMI (/usr/local/airwave/share/snmp/mibs/CISCO-BULK-FILE-MIB.my)
Did not find 'zeroDotZero' in module SNMPv2-SMI (/usr/local/airwave/share/snmp/mibs/IP-MIB.my)
Did not find 'zeroDotZero' in module SNMPv2-SMI (/usr/local/airwave/share/snmp/mibs/diffserv.my)
Did not find 'zeroDotZero' in module SNMPv2-SMI (/usr/local/airwave/share/snmp/mibs/hh3c-epon-device.mib)
Group not found in module (ciscoLwappSysIgmpConfigGroup): At line 53 in /usr/local/airwave/share/snmp/mibs/CISCO-LWAPP-SYS-CAPABILITY.my
Undefined OBJECT-GROUP (cLMobilityGroupRev01ConfigGroup): At line 1005 in /usr/local/airwave/share/snmp/mibs/CISCO-LWAPP-MOBILITY-MIB.my
Did not find 'zeroDotZero' in module SNMPv2-SMI (/opt/airwave/share/snmp/mibs/DISMAN-SCHEDULE-MIB.txt)
Did not find 'zeroDotZero' in module SNMPv2-SMI (/opt/airwave/share/snmp/mibs/DISMAN-EVENT-MIB.txt)
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]

Re: Airwave and HP Procurve 1810G not supported?

As you've noted, the 1810G is not a fully managed switch; and it does not run the ProVision OS (ProCurve operating system).   AirWave will monitor and manage all of our Enterprise-class, fully managed switches (from the 2500 family and above), but is not intended to fully support the unmanaged and web-managed products in our Small Business portfolio (1900 family and below). 

Understood. Thanks Mark.
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]

CAn it monitor at least the 1920  hp family with airwave?

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/networking-switches/product-detail.html?oid=4218346#!tab=specs

not manage just monitor

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: