Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave and IAP-105

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave and IAP-105

Posted Jun 01, 2012 10:38 AM

I have installed some IAP-105's at 2 remote sites which connect back to our Airwave server.

The IAP's have added fine and I can see them in Airwave. The problem is that periodically they will show as "Down" and after about 7 mins will show as "Up" again.

Both sites are doing this, one about 3 times a day, the other every 7 minutes !!

There don't seem to be many configuration options for the IAP's in Airwave so just wondering if anyone else has seen this issue.

Thanks, Rob.

• 2.  RE: Airwave and IAP-105

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 01, 2012 02:53 PM

Were these 2 APs ever a part of another swarm?  If they were, then this sounds like a known issue, and the only workaround is to factory reset any AP that has moved from one swarm to another.  

This has been fixed in the 3.0 version of Instant.  

In case you're interested in details: each swarm sends a unique identifier called a guid to AirWave so we know what swarm is contacting us.  But in pre-3.0 versions of instant, APs that move from one swarm to another maintained their old guid.  When 2 VCs contact AirWave, each reporting a different set of APs, AirWave will alternate which APs are up depending on which VC was the most recent to contact us.  

• 3.  RE: Airwave and IAP-105

Posted Jun 01, 2012 04:02 PM

Its possible they were set up differently originally as we were using them as a POC initially.

How do we update to version 3 ?

Rob

• 4.  RE: Airwave and IAP-105

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 01, 2012 05:45 PM

The firmware can be downloaded from our support site.  Instant 3.0.0.1 (aka AOS 6.1.3.1) is here.

From the Instant GUI you can go to Maintenance -> Firmware to perform the upgrade.  

• 5.  RE: Airwave and IAP-105

Posted Jun 02, 2012 03:42 AM

Ok. I already have that firmware running.......

Any other ideas ?

Rob

• 6.  RE: Airwave and IAP-105

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 05, 2012 01:02 PM

In my first response, I should have emphasized this:

the only workaround is to factory reset any AP that has moved from one swarm to another.

Once you're in the state that I think you're in, then this is the only recourse.  The 3.0 firmware can prevent this condition from happening, but it doesn't automatically fix the condition if it already exists.

If the APs have always been on 3.0, then I think there's something else going on, and I'd encourage you to open up a support case if you can.

• 7.  RE: Airwave and IAP-105

Posted Jun 06, 2012 09:03 AM

They were probably on old firmware initially so I'll give that a try.

Thanks.