Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave and Instant AP

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Airwave and Instant AP

Posted Feb 11, 2013 11:03 AM

Hello,

Sorry for this noobish question but after reading docs about Airwave and Instant AP, I am still confuse about this : is it possible to manage wifi parameters of the AP in Airwave ?

Is it in the Aruba Configuration ? I have set up Groups and WLANs but there is no reflect in the AP. Is it the correct way or not ?

Thanks for your help.

Dimitri

• 2.  RE: Airwave and Instant AP
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 11, 2013 11:31 AM
      |   view attached

Hi

Good evening,

:smileyhappy:

Yes , you can manage instantAP (monitor and also config)

Please read the attached PDF. (  :smileywink: Say thanks to John Schaap - The info was gathered and edited by him)

*Please if this post helped you - Kudos me , and mark as solution.

regards.

Me

Attachment(s)

pdf
    Aruba Instant and AirWave.pdf   1.54 MB 1 version

• 3.  RE: Airwave and Instant AP

Posted Feb 11, 2013 11:34 AM

Read the last page in the PDF I attached to my previous post - it will answer your question (also on the HOW TO?)

• 4.  RE: Airwave and Instant AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 11, 2013 02:16 PM

The short answer is that Instant APs are currently managed in AMP via templates.  There's a feature being worked on to allow for GUI config like we do for other Aruba APs.  This feature is targetted for AMP 7.7 (this summer, 2013).

• 5.  RE: Airwave and Instant AP

Posted Feb 12, 2013 02:07 AM

Thanks for the both replies and the document.

One more question following this, what is the use of "Aruba Configuration" (Groups and Wlan's)  in "Device Setup" ? Does it work with Instant AP ?

Thanks again.

• 6.  RE: Airwave and Instant AP

Posted Feb 12, 2013 04:33 AM

I add an other question : I have a global group with subscriber groups. In the template of the global group, there are 2 wlan ssid-profile, one that must not change in the subscriber template and the other will change (SSID and encryption key). Reading the doc, I have understand that I must use Template Variables to do this but I need a bit of help to start this.

Thanks a lot.

Dimitri

• 7.  RE: Airwave and Instant AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 12, 2013 09:27 AM

The Aruba Configuration tab under Device Setup is for campus controller / access points, not IAPs.  IAPs only adhere to the Group -> select group where instant APs are in -> template.  Instant APs will get a tab similar to Aruba Config in AMP 7.7.

For templates, the variables are listed along the right hand side.  There are about a dozen built in variables, and then another 10 "custom variables" which you will sub in the template as %custom_variable_1%.  Then on the VC's manage page, you will update custom_variable_1 to the desired setting.  Typically, I skip the first custom variable since it allows a larger text in case I need to add a larger template change.  If you assign a custom variable in the template, all VCs in the group must have a value for that value on their manage page otherwise a mismatch will be reported.