Network Management

Regular Contributor I

Airwave and Instant AP

Hello,

Sorry for this noobish question but after reading docs about Airwave and Instant AP, I am still confuse about this : is it possible to manage wifi parameters of the AP in Airwave ?

Is it in the Aruba Configuration ? I have set up Groups and WLANs but there is no reflect in the AP. Is it the correct way or not ?

Thanks for your help.

Dimitri

MVP

Re: Airwave and Instant AP

[ Edited ]

Hi

Good evening,

:smileyhappy:

Yes , you can manage instantAP (monitor and also config)

Please read the attached PDF. (  :smileywink: Say thanks to John Schaap - The info was gathered and edited by him)

*Please if this post helped you - Kudos me , and mark as solution.

regards.

Me

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
MVP

Read the last page in the PDF I attached to my previous post - it will answer your question (also on the HOW TO?)

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************

The short answer is that Instant APs are currently managed in AMP via templates.  There's a feature being worked on to allow for GUI config like we do for other Aruba APs.  This feature is targetted for AMP 7.7 (this summer, 2013).

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Regular Contributor I

Thanks for the both replies and the document.

One more question following this, what is the use of "Aruba Configuration" (Groups and Wlan's)  in "Device Setup" ? Does it work with Instant AP ?

Thanks again.

Regular Contributor I

I add an other question : I have a global group with subscriber groups. In the template of the global group, there are 2 wlan ssid-profile, one that must not change in the subscriber template and the other will change (SSID and encryption key). Reading the doc, I have understand that I must use Template Variables to do this but I need a bit of help to start this.

Thanks a lot.

Dimitri

The Aruba Configuration tab under Device Setup is for campus controller / access points, not IAPs.  IAPs only adhere to the Group -> select group where instant APs are in -> template.  Instant APs will get a tab similar to Aruba Config in AMP 7.7.

For templates, the variables are listed along the right hand side.  There are about a dozen built in variables, and then another 10 "custom variables" which you will sub in the template as %custom_variable_1%.  Then on the VC's manage page, you will update custom_variable_1 to the desired setting.  Typically, I skip the first custom variable since it allows a larger text in case I need to add a larger template change.  If you assign a custom variable in the template, all VCs in the group must have a value for that value on their manage page otherwise a mismatch will be reported.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: