Network Management

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave and S2S VPN's, need static routes?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Airwave and S2S VPN's, need static routes?

Posted Jun 06, 2018 09:26 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of deploying Airwave and i'm having difficulty adding Instant virtual controllers at the end of a site to site VPN.

Do I need to add static routes for something like this?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Airwave and S2S VPN's, need static routes?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 06, 2018 09:38 AM

Airwave should follow the routing on its local subnet to reach that network, right?

• 3.  RE: Airwave and S2S VPN's, need static routes?

Posted Jun 06, 2018 02:20 PM

Some are adding airwave, some are not. Though when a new VC does add (in monitor mode) one of the other VC's drops off and a whole bunch of AP's claim to be being managed by the wrong VC.

Anyway, i'm guessing your right and no static routes are needed. But something is weird and not letting some VC's to connect to Airwave, guess im checking the network out more now.

• 4.  RE: Airwave and S2S VPN's, need static routes?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 06, 2018 10:07 PM

You would probably need to check to make sure you do not have a duplicate virtual-controller-key.  The virtual-controller-key is how Airwave keeps track of individual clusters.  If you separate an AP from an existing cluster managed by airwave and deploy it somewhere else without factory resetting it, it will have the same virtual-controller-key and airwave will assume it is in the same cluster as previous devices.

"show running configuration" on two different clusters to make sure you do not have a duplicate virtual-controller-key.  If you do, you should try factory resetting the conflicting device. 

• 5.  RE: Airwave and S2S VPN's, need static routes?

Posted Jun 08, 2018 12:40 PM

Thank you cjason, you ht the nail on the head. I have lots of virtual controllers with the same virtual key. I'll adjust and start again adding to Airwave.

Thanks again!