Network Management

New Contributor

Airwave configurations / purposes

Hi All,

Just curious if anyone uses Airwave with VRRP failover configuration controllers. If so do you have both of the controllers read/write to Airwave or do you synchronize configurations between then and keep just one controller read/write, and the other read only?

For Master-Local setups do you usually keep the locals as read-onlys and the master as read/write?

Any input will be appreicated. Thanks.

Aruba Employee

Re: Airwave configurations / purposes

Hi,

Are we planning to manage the devices using Airwave here? If its just for monitoring a read only user should do. However, if we are planning to push configuration we need to have the credentials for a read/write user.

You can have a read only user for local and read/write for master however, in case you have to push any local controller specific changes from Airwave we would need the priviledge for that user. I would also request you to refer to Controller Configuration Guide on Airwave under Home --> Documentation for a better start.

Regards,
Vishnu
If my post helped you, don't forget to give kudos ;)
Contributor II

In my environment; one controller is master and the other is local.

AP's terminate on the local controller. Airwave (in read only mode) is pointed to the local controller.

Aruba Employee

If its just for monitoring and having the config synced, you can add both the controller on Airwave, with read only priviledge. 

Regards,
Vishnu
If my post helped you, don't forget to give kudos ;)
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: