Network Management

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave - displays users by SSID

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Airwave - displays users by SSID

Posted Mar 16, 2012 11:26 AM

When I login to Airwave and click on users, it displays the total amount of current users. Is there a way to configure Airwave to sort the users by SSID? If I look at the weekly Airwave reports it sorts the users by ssid, so the data is in the system. However, I'm not sure how to configure it, so I can display the current Airwave stats as opposed to running a report. 

Bob 

• 2.  RE: Airwave - displays users by SSID

Posted Mar 16, 2012 11:38 AM
      |   view attached

If you are viewing the 'clients' tab of airwave (another word for 'users' of course').   You can click on the <BLUE> hyperlink that says "SSID" and the list of clients/users will re-sort itself to be ordered by SSID.

Then, you have a real-time view of all clients sorted nicely on SSID.  (please see attachment as well)

Is this what you are trying to accomplish ?

• 3.  RE: Airwave - displays users by SSID

Posted Mar 16, 2012 12:52 PM

Thanks for the quick update, but I think sort was the incorrect word. I only need to display the total current  users by ssid, so 100 users on ssid A and 3000 users on ssid B. 

Bob 

• 4.  RE: Airwave - displays users by SSID
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 16, 2012 01:07 PM
      |   view attached

Thanks Bob.

The dashboard screen shown when you log in to Airwave has a widget that can be customized to show users per SSID and total users.

I have attached an example...   notice Total users graphed vs.  users per SSID A,   per SSID B, per SSID C, per SSID D, per SSID E.

PS - you may notice that the total users in my example are more than adding up these SSIDs... that is due to there being a few dozen more SSIDs in use on the system.(busy system!)  I only showed a few SSIDs to illustrate the functionality of being able to display real time info per-SSID and aggregate all in the same place.   FIgured i would note that to reduce confusion.

• 5.  RE: Airwave - displays users by SSID

Posted Mar 16, 2012 01:15 PM

Thanks that was exactly what I was looking for. I never realized that I could click on that show all and it displays a long list if items for me to select. 

Bob 

• 6.  RE: Airwave - displays users by SSID

Posted Mar 16, 2012 01:16 PM

Anytime Bob.

Glad to help.    I spend a lot of time in our software applications, so have all sorts of nooks and crannies explored ;)

JF

• 7.  RE: Airwave - displays users by SSID

Posted Mar 20, 2012 09:33 AM

I had a follow up question. From the home Airwave screen, I can select certain ssids which will  display the maximum and average users by ssid, which is great because that's one thing I wanted. However that doesn't display the current users. From the Airwave home screen the top menu bar displays only current users, is there a way to get the current users by ssid?

Bob