Network Management

Contributor II

Airwave doesn't add devices to groups.

Hi community.

Scenario: We have Airwave installed on a virtual machine running on VMware.
The machine has: 1,5 Tb of storage, 128GB of ram and 12 cpus.
Airwave ver: 8.2.4.1

We have a two 7210 Aruba Controller on "md" mode, managed by a Mobility Master, we have configured MM and the controllers with a community string used for Airwave.

On the airwave side these 3 devices was discovered without issues, now the problem appear:

We go to: "AP/Devices-->New" then we see 3 new devices, we select the device to assign it to a group and when we hit the "Add" button nothing happens, even if we select, Replace Hardware, Ignore Device, Delete devices. We have search for a solution but nothing seems to work.

Also we tried to add devices manually but a mac mismatch error showed up and we weren't able to delete the devices as I mentioned.

Here you have a couple of screenshots. AW.pngAW0.PNG

Thankyou in advance.

Re: Airwave doesn't add devices to groups.

a) This will probably be handled quick in a support case

b) try this:

-in one browser frame: watch system -> status -> webserver log (httpd/error_log)

-at the same time, try to add the device again

-refresh the log, there should be a crash to some effect for why the device wasn't added

c) another thing to check is home -> license.  I don't see any eval or license limit msg, but it's good to double check license status just in case

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Contributor II

Thank you for your reply Rob.

So, I got a very extensive log using the httpd/error_log,

These are the first lines: [error] [client 127.0.0.1] ERROR:  function supports_vpn_connections(bigint) does not exist\nLINE 85:         CASE WHEN supports_vpn_connections(ap.id)\n                           ^\nHINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You might need to add explicit type casts.: \n    SELECT * FROM (\n      \n    SELECT\n 

I gonna attach a txt file with the full log error.

Looks like there's a schema issue.  Support should be able to pinpoint the database schema change that didn't get applied to get things working again.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Contributor II

Yes Rob, I think we should contact support now.

Thank you for your time.

Contributor II

So, I decided to reinstall Airwave cause there wasn't important configuration. Now everything is working well.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: