Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave firmware upgrade of iAP fails

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Airwave firmware upgrade of iAP fails

Posted Jan 02, 2013 12:44 PM

I've been very happy to see more and more iAP management functions crop up in newer versions of Airwave.

I'm on 7.6.1 and for the last several revisions, we've been upable to upgrade firmware on our iAPs.

My most recent attempt was to upgrade one of my lab setups (single iAP lab) from 6.1.3.4-3.1.0.0_25320 to 6.1.3.4-3.1.0.1_35899

The job shows "Firmware upgrade job is stopped because too many upgrades have failed"

This has worked in the past in older revisions of Airwave with older revisions of iAP code.

Where you folks recommend I look for the cause and a fix?

--Matthew

• 2.  RE: Airwave firmware upgrade of iAP fails

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 02, 2013 03:11 PM

I'm opening a task for QA to replicate this and provide steps, will update you with results when they come in.

• 3.  RE: Airwave firmware upgrade of iAP fails
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 04, 2013 10:55 AM

Looks like your old IAP version is a slight typo, should be 6.1.3.4-3.1.0.0_35320 correct?

If so, the runs we did in our lab worked out, so next steps to try:

1.  possible firmware file corruption

-try downloading the image again from the support website

-delete the current entry from AMP's firmware page (Device Setup -> Firmware Files)

-upload the newly downloaded image

-attempt the firmware upgrade once again

2.  if it still doesn't work after trying the process again, verify settings

-are the IAPs and VC in monitor or managed mode?

-if monitor mode, is AMP Setup -> allow firmware upgrade in monitor mode allowed?

3.  if the settings are good, a support case should be opened for our support engineers to assist further.

• 4.  RE: Airwave firmware upgrade of iAP fails

Posted Jan 04, 2013 07:33 PM

We tried a few more times - just in case hitting the button again would make it work.

The 5th time was the charm.

Upgraded.

Can't tell you why try 5 was better than 1 or 2 or 3 or 4.

Thanks for your help.

• 5.  RE: Airwave firmware upgrade of iAP fails

Posted Jan 04, 2013 07:34 PM

Yes, I typo'd the message here on the forum, the 35320 is correct and what I have on the Airwave firmware table.