Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave questions about switching to "Instant Config GUI"

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave questions about switching to "Instant Config GUI"

Posted Mar 20, 2014 12:49 PM

I have several locations that are geographically dispersed, and they are currently managed by airwave.  Each location is currently in it's own group, and there are "mismatches" all over the place. 

I have a couple of questions, is it possible to still use a "template"  approach for multiple folders if managing via Instant Config GUI?

I've changed my test group to instant gui config, however, I'm currently running into this:

Error--- config version[6.1.3.0-3.1.0] not found in command model list

Clicking on the error brings me to the config history page.  Any help on this, and my initial question would be greatly appreciaed.

• 2.  RE: Airwave questions about switching to "Instant Config GUI"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 20, 2014 11:52 PM

Instant Config only supports IAP Firmware 3.2 and newer.

For management, it's either templates or Instant Config - defined by the group that contains the VC entry.

• 3.  RE: Airwave questions about switching to "Instant Config GUI"

Posted Mar 23, 2014 06:13 PM

Thank you.

I since upgraded my IAPs and resolved that issue, however, I've run into another.  I have a location that I want to serve as a "golden" template for all other locations.  I create a new group, and move this group into it and that works as expected.  When I move the next cluster into this group, I get mismatches (which is to be expected given they were configured differently in the past).  How do I push the configs from AMP to the IAP via config mode?  Attempting to enable "read/write" doesn't seem to apply anymore.

• 4.  RE: Airwave questions about switching to "Instant Config GUI"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 23, 2014 11:04 PM

In Instant Config mode, you'll want to check 'auto-configure virtual controllers' = yes.

Go to Groups -> select group -> Instant Config tab -> expand Airwave -> AirWave Settings

autovc.jpg

If that's already set, then the next step is to make sure the retry limit hasn't already been hit.

1) still in Instant Config view

2) expand the VC list by hitting the plus in the Instant Config menu pane

- a column listing the VCs in the group should expand from the left side

3) select the VC who's in mismatched state

- keep the VC list open after selecting, as hiding the VC list will deselect the VC from focus

4) Staying in the Airwave menu, go to Mismatches

5) At the bottom of the mismatches should be an 'apply all'

igc-push.jpg

• 5.  RE: Airwave questions about switching to "Instant Config GUI"

Posted Mar 24, 2014 06:12 AM

I would advise you to use templates. I tried to run GUI config but ran into loads of bugs, even in the newest 7.7.9 version of Airwave.

• 6.  RE: Airwave questions about switching to "Instant Config GUI"

Posted Mar 25, 2014 08:05 PM

So I think there's a bug in 7.7.6 and instant gui.  For one the apply  now button is out of view on some screens (doesnt scale):  If you take a look at the far buttom right of the picture below, you'll see just the edge of the "apply all" button.  On some other screens, it doesn't even show up at all.  The same thing is for "ok" when you finally click the "apply all" button (see second picture".

cap1.PNG

cap2.PNG

• 7.  RE: Airwave questions about switching to "Instant Config GUI"

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 25, 2014 08:08 PM

You will actually want to run at least 7.7.9.  The latest is 7.7.10 which you can get if you do start_amp_upgrade -v 7.7.10.  It should be visible to the support site soon, they are keeping it hidden until the release notes are published.