Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave remove ip config after restart

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave remove ip config after restart

Posted Apr 22, 2013 12:32 AM

I had setup airwave running as VM in hyperv. Everthing working nicer until recently if i restart airwave server, the ip configration and license that i applied is disappear. I will have to manually configure the ip and reapply the license in webui. 

Anyone have similar experience?

• 2.  RE: Airwave remove ip config after restart

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 22, 2013 09:43 AM

Was this a restart within the VM instance?  Or was this a restart of the entire VM host?

VMware ESXi users haven't experienced this behavior.  And I've only encountered similar on Hyper-V in two cases:

1. Restarting the VM host, resulted in loss of IP config

2. NIC went bad, so after VM restart to refresh hardware, IP config disappeared

In both of my cases, loss of IP config was seen, but the license was still present.

• 3.  RE: Airwave remove ip config after restart

Posted Apr 22, 2013 08:03 PM

It happen for the 1st time when vm host is restart, then this continue when everytime vm instance is restart. both ip configuration and license file disappear. Before vm host was restart after airwave installed, restarting vm instances will not delete those files. Is this a bug?

• 4.  RE: Airwave remove ip config after restart
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 22, 2013 11:13 PM

I did more troubleshooting and notice this happen because in hyperv i enabled dynamic mac address and when the vm host restart the mac address changed and airwave do not recognize the new mac address for it network card. I had change the mac address setting to static also also add in the ip address in network script in init.d

Hope this is helpful for those that are facing similar issue

• 5.  RE: Airwave remove ip config after restart

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 22, 2013 11:35 PM

Thanks for the update.  That's really helpful since I haven't run into that issue.