Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave reports -> Actionable items

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Airwave reports -> Actionable items

Posted Aug 23, 2016 06:46 PM

We have over 2000 APs and 6 controllers.  We have an airwave installation monitoring all of it.  We see all of these stock reports but our problem is what to do with the data?

What reports do people watch and what work orders/action items are created when they see a specific problem?

If all of the reports are daily how to do you discount cyclic anomolies that happen every day?

When someone calls and complains of performance issues from days/hours ago, how do you go about identifying the problem?

• 2.  RE: Airwave reports -> Actionable items

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 27, 2016 04:47 PM

You should look at the Youtube Video here:  https://youtube.com/watch?v=SkCWOJM5xZc

• 3.  RE: Airwave reports -> Actionable items

Posted Aug 29, 2016 10:05 AM

Thank you for the link.  But they really only discuss the what, not the why.  I've included a screen grab of my RF Peformance dashboard.  My goal is to figure out what is the root cause of any of ther red.

Likely culprits in my mind are:

The client is not connected to the closest AP

The coverage where the specific client is is poor

It's a crappy client

For the most part I have ruled out too high of a noise floor by looking at the AP stats. (everying is in the high 80s or 90s)

My problem is I don't know how to 'prove' any of these assertions.

airwave.png

• 4.  RE: Airwave reports -> Actionable items

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 29, 2016 10:37 AM

The best answer to this question  would be Airwave Training here: http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/training-services/training/