Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave restore does not restore previous reports?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Airwave restore does not restore previous reports?

Posted Sep 03, 2013 04:15 PM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I just performed a restore of an AMP server and none of my previously generated reports have any data...

AMP 7.6.2.

I have a basic client session report for the month of June that shows no data even though I keep 14 days, shouldn't the generated report not be aged out? It should still show my data...

• 2.  RE: Airwave restore does not restore previous reports?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 03, 2013 07:00 PM

Hi Pasquale,

I can see that Client Association data retention is set to 14 days.  That means that every night we purge out historical session data that's more than 2 weeks old.  So if you run a report today for June there's no data to report on.  

Also, if you ran the report in June, then I'd expect that report to be gone now since the report retention is set to 60 days.  So it seems expected to me that the report you want is not available. 

Important fact about the Client Session report: Your client association data retention is set to 14 days.  If you run a report right now for, say, the last 30 days, then it will only include 14 days' worth of data.  If you run it for the last 360 days, it will only include 14 day's worth of stuff.  If it's important to be able to run reports for more than 30 days, then you could probably increase the client association retention setting, even if this is for a high traffic public hotspot.  

Dan

• 3.  RE: Airwave restore does not restore previous reports?

Posted Sep 04, 2013 08:26 AM

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the feedback as usual. I guess I overlooked the data retention a bit and couldn't figure out June was more than 60 days ago...

I'll go back to Lynn and explain.

This definitely has opened my eyes when it comes to Data retention and customer reports...