Network Management

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave showing to many Rogues

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave showing to many Rogues

Posted Mar 07, 2018 10:21 AM

Hi All,

Im currently finding a solution for the following

I've got a Airwave server and this server is used to configure IAP-225 accesspoints at remote offices. This configuration is done by Groups, where every office has its own group.

Now, some of these offices are placed in busy malls and show more than 50 rogue SSID, which course blurs my view. So i did the following: 

"Ignore Rogues Discovered by Remote APs" = "Yes" under the basic configuration of specific groups. But unfortunately i still see the 'suspected rogues' under the Rogue tab. 

So i also changed the following setting under 'RAPIDS > Setup'

Ignore Rogues Discovered by Remote APs:
    Discovery events from WMS Offload will always be processed, regardless of this setting.

Still i see the rogues of all the IAP accesspoints. 

Am i missing something here? 

• 2.  RE: Airwave showing to many Rogues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 08, 2018 04:29 AM

Hi

Are you stilll seeing same number of rogues AP discovered after disabiling ignore remote AP ?

share me the RAPIDs rule which Airwave is using to discover, what conditon it is using to discover the device as suspected rogue, you can change the condition and see the status.

• 3.  RE: Airwave showing to many Rogues

Posted Mar 08, 2018 05:07 AM

Yes, i still see the same number. When i click the number, i can also see all the found rogues on the IAP with the classification of 'Suspected Rogue' 

This is how the rule for this classification looks like:

Signal strength > -75 dBm 	Suspected Rogue 	5 	Yes 		

Its pretty straight forward. 

• 4.  RE: Airwave showing to many Rogues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 08, 2018 05:42 AM

Hi,

New suspected rogues which been discovered in airwave are been discovered by your remote APs? We can check this details in Rapids>Detail page> discovery section. Click on any suspected rogue it will take you to detail page.

I belive ignore rogue setting works only for Rogue not for suspected.

If devices beendiscovered by remote AP then try change classifcation rule instead of suspected rogue to rouge and see the status.

• 5.  RE: Airwave showing to many Rogues

Posted Mar 12, 2018 08:26 AM

I understand what you're saying, but that cant be it.

That would mean that every WIFI device that a access points finds with that low signal is automatically a 'rogue' device. I cant make a rule for 5 specific devices, so it would process it for all my devices.

• 6.  RE: Airwave showing to many Rogues
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 12, 2018 08:59 AM

Hi,

Are you seeing Rogue devices along with suspected rogues discovered by Remote APs in Airwave. If you dont see any rogue classification devices after enabling setting ignore rogues then what i mentioned is correct, it wont consider suspected rogues.

If you want to prevent suspected rouge count to show up in tab then we can change the setting in Top Header Stats in Home>User Info page Filter Level For Rogue Count: 

set this to Rogue.