Network Management

Contributor I

Airwave shows inconsistent values in scheduled reports

Airwave 7.7.9 I'm trying to get a rolling 'previous month' report from Airwave. After experimenting a bit I found the Custom Reports and selected Client Inventory/Clients - it really does show me the data fields that I need. When I schedule this report to run daily I expect that this will duplicate some of the data in yesterdays report. Except it doesn't contain duplicate data - some entries get discarded each time this report runs - so that todays report contains less (historical) data than yesterdays! For example, if I have a report covering the period from 1 August to 30 August it will contain data about 15 August. If I then run the same report over the period 2 August 1 September it will still contain records describing 15 August. The two sets of records about 15 August are different, with the more recently generated set being smaller. I can see no other methods of extracting historical data other than specifying a report to active devices that are "Active during the report timeframe". Am I being over-enthusiastic here?
Guru Elite

Re: Airwave shows inconsistent values in scheduled reports

SteveDowling,

I would open a TAC case and have them examine your data retention settings to ensure nothing is getting discarded that you expect to be included.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

I'd be interested in the exact scheduling options used for this report.  Are you using specific time range: 'yesterday 8 am' to 'today 8 am' or are you setting just the date - yesterday to today.  In the 1st case, it will cover data that starts at exactly 8 am.  In the latter case, it's relative to when the report gets run which varies based on other reports and processes that take priority.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Contributor I

The scheduling options are "a month ago" to "now". This generates a report that can be over thirty days long. At the moment, we're focussing on specific days within that thirty day period.
Contributor I

All, I logged this case to Aruba TAC. It seems that this is a bad report to pull. The TAC recommend the pre-made report "Client Session". I guess we just do the post-processing...
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: