09-18-2013 04:49 AM - last edited on 05-13-2014 09:10 AM by /chiefAirhead/
I've just downloaded the Airwave upgrade package for vsn 7.7.4. We were running 7.7_BETA_F before I downloaded the package.
Unpacked the tar file into /usr/local/src/upgrade.
Sadly there didn't seem to be any documentation as to what to do next. Typed make and lots of things started to happen. Unfortunately the upgrade seemd to sail with an error 2 as it couldn't find a particular http package.
There is now a file in /etc called amp_disabled and whatever command I type in at a shell prompt, although it seems to work has "DISABLED - 1!!" appearing at the end.
How was I supposed to install the update?
Will deleting /etc/amp_disabled start things up again?
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-18-2013 04:51 AM
It may be amp_enable -now
I forget the syntax
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
09-18-2013 05:36 AM
Probably too late now. But here we go for reference (Airwave 7.7 Installation Guide):
In there you will find instructions on how to upgrade. If you are connected over ssh to the Airwave systems, I recommend you run "screen" before (in case your ssh connection dies).
09-18-2013 06:42 AM
Many thanks for the installation document. All I did was download the Airwave upgrade tar.gz file from support.arubanetworks.
Wasn't very helpful that nowhere in the AirWave 7.7.4 directory could I find anything that told you what to do with the upgrade file hence the "Oh there's a Makefile, perhaps I just run make" thought process.
I'm running start_amp_upgrade -v 7.7.4 to see what happens
09-18-2013 07:26 AM
Well, things seem to have happened. An upgrade to 7.7.4 seems to have happened and I've managed to log into the server. However, I now have an error message saying
Some indices on database tables were not built correctly. This may result in slow responses when searching. Contact Aruba Technical Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
Even managed to install the new kernel as suggested after I did the upgrade
09-18-2013 07:31 AM
That's a known issue. BETA E throguh G had an issue with the migration worker who adds new indices. To fix, run the rebuild indices script
# cd /root/svn/mercury/scripts
Once this is done, you should be back in a sane state.
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company