Network Management

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave visualrf incorrect client location

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave visualrf incorrect client location

Posted Mar 09, 2017 09:54 PM

Hi,

I mapped floor plan into Airwave --> visualrf

As i saw, it's showing incorrect client location in the floor plan.

Kindly suggest resolution

Thank you...

• 2.  RE: Airwave visualrf incorrect client location
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 10, 2017 03:45 AM

client location in visualrf depends up on floor plan size, number of APs hearing that parituclar client. please follow below steps

• Make sure, while uploading the floor plan , set proper floor size if it is jpeg or pdf file
    • If it is dwg file visualrf automatially take the floor size values
    • Draw regions on floor where APs beeen provisioned and also exteriror walls
    • If only one AP hearing the client then we wont see accurate client location, at least three APs should hear that particular client with good signal strength.

Regards,

Pavan

if my post address your quesitons, accept as solution and give kudos:)

• 3.  RE: Airwave visualrf incorrect client location

Posted Dec 04, 2017 01:33 PM

I'm having the same problem. My clients are showing up in different buildings. If you highlight the client under properites it will show the AP the client is associated with and it's not in the building that I have open in VisualRF. I'm thinking of just rebooting AirWave. I am gettting the following event log messages:

Restarting service Client Monitor Worker

ExecUIQuery failed for 128.180.130.6: 500 Connect failed: connect: timeout; Operation now in progress

• 4.  RE: Airwave visualrf incorrect client location

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 05, 2017 05:16 AM

Hi,

ExecUIQuery failed for 128.180.130.6: 500 Connect failed: connect: timeout; Operation now in progressd"
    These errors are generated basically when Airwave is unable to do execUI queries on the controllers, as the credentials, entered on airwave for that controller, does not have the proper permissions to execute those commands or airwave not able to query within telnet/ssh timeout period.

VisualRF client locaiton is nothing to do with this error message. Try restart the engine once and check the status. Make sure there is no duplicate enteries on VisualRF floor.

Regards,

Pavan