Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwaves with Motorola Controllers

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwaves with Motorola Controllers

Posted Jun 22, 2013 08:01 PM

Hello everyone!

i was wondering if someone got experience with Airwaves and motorola?

Myselft i just got experience with Aruba Wireless controllers with airwaves...

I was wondering what do i need from Motorola to make this work correctly?

Do i just need the SNMP V2 be configured on the controller of motoroal and the Community string  to make it work and that way i wll able to see the APS and the Wireless controller of motorola?

I ask this because i want to run a Demo to a client which is using motorolado and Aruba Mix enviroment and we are trying to offer them Airwaves to monitor both systems...

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Airwaves with Motorola Controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 23, 2013 04:45 AM

Hi Carlos

Just make sure your customer has motorola version 4 or earlier equipment. If that's the case, you're good to go.

Regards

• 3.  RE: Airwaves with Motorola Controllers

Posted Jun 24, 2013 09:28 PM

I guess i should be good to go! i already checked also on the hardware list that their controller is compatible with airwaves.

Thanks Samuel!

Let see how the Demo goes! :)

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: Airwaves with Motorola Controllers

Posted Jul 23, 2013 04:49 PM

I have had very problematic experiences with Motorola Wing 4.x where APs would show offline when performing an SNMPWALK on the specific OID that lists the AP table.

Airwave sometimes reported false downs because of this. This issue is related to Wing 4.x and not Airwave, just keep that in mind.

Any wing 5.x support coming soon?