Network Management

New Contributor

Alcatel-Lucent OV3600 AP mismatch Telnet/SSH error

I changed the SSH password on my OAW-4650 and now get mismatch on all of my AP's. Here's the error on the AP's.  Configuration: Error (Telnet/SSH Error: (pattern match timed-out) in password failure: Permission denied, please try again. )

I changed the password in Device Setup > Communication > Alcatel-Lucent.  When I go to AP/Devices > Modify devices, select an AP and choose "Update the credentials used to communicate with these devices", I get the error "None of these devices support credentials updating".

I'm not sure what is preventing AP's from updating.  OV3600 is configured for monitor only.  Everything was working until I changed the password on the master controller.  Any help would be appreciated!

Regular Contributor I

Re: Alcatel-Lucent OV3600 AP mismatch Telnet/SSH error

Try reversing the change.  Maybe Airwave doesnt support the charectors in the new password???  

Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

You wont change password for your Access Points, rather it will be for the controller itself. Modify controller settings from Airwave and update credentials. It should resolve your issue. 

Jibran Aziz
CCIE (RnS / SP / DC) , ACDX , ACCP , ACMP
Aruba Employee

[ Edited ]

Hi NPS-AL,

Please navigate to the particular controllers Manage page on Airwave and update the new credentials for the controller there. Below is a screen shot for reference.

Capture.PNG

1.PNG

Regards,
Vishnu
If my post helped you, don't forget to give kudos ;)
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: