Network Management

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Any way to add TACACS auth server to IAP via instang gui config?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Any way to add TACACS auth server to IAP via instang gui config?

Posted Feb 25, 2018 10:43 PM

I'm in the process of trying to set up some IAPs using Airwave as the configuration source, and I'm hitting a roadbump early.  Is there a way to create a TACACS authentication server using the instant GUI config page?  The authentication server looks like the obvious location, but it only has RADIUS as an option.

thanks!

• 2.  RE: Any way to add TACACS auth server to IAP via instang gui config?

• 3.  RE: Any way to add TACACS auth server to IAP via instang gui config?

Posted Feb 26, 2018 08:33 AM

Hi Victor!

If I'm reading that screenshot correctly, that's being added directly through the instant UI.  Is there a way to do the same configuration through airwave?

thanks!

• 4.  RE: Any way to add TACACS auth server to IAP via instang gui config?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2018 09:03 AM

Sure there is...

See here

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=28924

for documentation

• 5.  RE: Any way to add TACACS auth server to IAP via instang gui config?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2018 12:19 PM

Is this a new group or a group that already has VCs?

Check the group template version -> should be showing in the top right of the Instant Config frame:

igctemplversion.png

The template version should match the deployed firmware version.  Depending on the template version - earlier Firmware versions did not allow TACACS.

If this is a new group w/o devices, you can just update the template from Instant Config -> AirWave -> AirWave Settings -> Policy version #.#.# migrate to... select newer version, -> Save (at top right)

• 6.  RE: Any way to add TACACS auth server to IAP via instang gui config?

Posted Feb 26, 2018 04:27 PM

Thanks Rob, you were exactly right - it was a new group with no hardware in it yet!  Manually updating the version made the TACACS option appear.