Network Management

Frequent Contributor I

Any way to add TACACS auth server to IAP via instang gui config?

I'm in the process of trying to set up some IAPs using Airwave as the configuration source, and I'm hitting a roadbump early.  Is there a way to create a TACACS authentication server using the instant GUI config page?  The authentication server looks like the obvious location, but it only has RADIUS as an option.

thanks!

Re: Any way to add TACACS auth server to IAP via instang gui config?

Here you go:
http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-to-configure-management-authentication-on-IAP-using-Tacacs/ta-p/244013
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Frequent Contributor I

Hi Victor!

If I'm reading that screenshot correctly, that's being added directly through the instant UI.  Is there a way to do the same configuration through airwave?

thanks!

Aruba Employee

Is this a new group or a group that already has VCs?

Check the group template version -> should be showing in the top right of the Instant Config frame:

igctemplversion.png

The template version should match the deployed firmware version.  Depending on the template version - earlier Firmware versions did not allow TACACS.

If this is a new group w/o devices, you can just update the template from Instant Config -> AirWave -> AirWave Settings -> Policy version #.#.# migrate to... select newer version, -> Save (at top right)

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Frequent Contributor I

Thanks Rob, you were exactly right - it was a new group with no hardware in it yet!  Manually updating the version made the TACACS option appear.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: