Network Management

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AppRF works in Instant but not in AirWave

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AppRF works in Instant but not in AirWave

Posted May 18, 2017 03:42 PM

Hi guys,

I have enabled AppRF in my cluster of Instant APs, I can see the AppRF data in GUI but at the same time AppRF in AirWave doesn't show any data. AppRF is also enabled in AirWave under AMP Setup > Additional AMP Services > Enable AppRF Data Collection. My AirWave is version 8.2.3.1 and Enable Instant GUI Config is set to No.

AppRF data is showing in Instant but not in AirWave. Do you know where is the problem?

Regards,

Julián

• 2.  RE: AppRF works in Instant but not in AirWave
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 18, 2017 04:31 PM

Where do you look in AirWave for AppRF? Do you want to see from a user specific or overall from your group of IAP?

On my AirWave, I go to Home > AppRF

Then you have to browse to your IAP folder. It's over the Home button, you should see the Top folder, if you click on it then you should be able to drill down to your IAP folder.

I have the Instant GUI config enable though, I don't know if it's a pre-requisite.

• 3.  RE: AppRF works in Instant but not in AirWave

Posted May 18, 2017 04:55 PM

Aha, that's was the reason!

I didn't realize about the Top folder over the Home button. Now it works!

Many thanks,

Julián

• 4.  RE: AppRF works in Instant but not in AirWave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 18, 2017 05:12 PM

Don't worry, it took me a while to figure it out too as since the new interface with 8.2.x.x a lot hs changed! Previously the folder were beside the time selection on the right. It's not intuitive the way it's positionned right now!

• 5.  RE: AppRF works in Instant but not in AirWave

Posted May 23, 2017 12:37 PM

Hi mathieuc,

Today I wanted to check the traffic in AppRF but appears nothing, and I have selected the right folder Top button. What could be the problem?

Regards,

Julián

• 6.  RE: AppRF works in Instant but not in AirWave

Posted May 23, 2017 01:08 PM

Hi mathieuc,

Ignore my previous message. Now I can see the traffic in AppRF, the problem was that it takes tons of time to show the data :)

Regards,

Julián