Network Management

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Switches in Airwave

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Aruba Switches in Airwave

Posted Mar 23, 2018 04:43 PM

Hey Guys,

We are looking at add our Aruba 2530s into Airwave, but i had a couple of questions.  We have all aruba access points across 70 sites and hey are great.  We have a top level group when brances into 2 more groups and then there are the sites located in those.  Do I need to make a pretty much identical structure for the switches or can they be added into the access point?

Also is there some documentation that would say the kinds of things I can do with the switches with airwave?  Right now the one I have added was manual, and I put it in monitor/firmware mode.  It is looking pretty good.  

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Aruba Switches in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 23, 2018 05:10 PM

There's the switch config guide (here's the 8.2.6 link)

The only thing about switches is they should be added into separate groups from controllers.  So if there's a controller in the group - then the switch add action will fail.

• 3.  RE: Aruba Switches in Airwave

Posted Mar 26, 2018 01:08 PM

Thanks for the link!

There is a virtual controller in the group with the 2530 switch i added in read only-firmware mode.  is this ok or should i duplicate the sctructure? 

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Aruba Switches in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 26, 2018 01:23 PM

If you want to preserve some templates you've already created, then you can duplicate a group from the Group -> List view -> duplicate action item in far right column.  Otherwise best to keep all controllers (physical and virtual) in a separate group from the switches.