Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

Aruba Switches in Airwave

Hey Guys,

We are looking at add our Aruba 2530s into Airwave, but i had a couple of questions.  We have all aruba access points across 70 sites and hey are great.  We have a top level group when brances into 2 more groups and then there are the sites located in those.  Do I need to make a pretty much identical structure for the switches or can they be added into the access point?

Also is there some documentation that would say the kinds of things I can do with the switches with airwave?  Right now the one I have added was manual, and I put it in monitor/firmware mode.  It is looking pretty good.  

Thanks!

Re: Aruba Switches in Airwave

There's the switch config guide (here's the 8.2.6 link)

The only thing about switches is they should be added into separate groups from controllers.  So if there's a controller in the group - then the switch add action will fail.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the link!

There is a virtual controller in the group with the 2530 switch i added in read only-firmware mode.  is this ok or should i duplicate the sctructure? 

Thanks!

If you want to preserve some templates you've already created, then you can duplicate a group from the Group -> List view -> duplicate action item in far right column.  Otherwise best to keep all controllers (physical and virtual) in a separate group from the switches.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: