Network Management

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS 6.4.x configuration in Airwave

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS 6.4.x configuration in Airwave

Posted Oct 15, 2014 11:03 AM

Hi everyone,

is someone has tried to push configuration from Airwave 8.0.x to controllers on ArubaOS 6.4.x?

We are using Airwave as the central configuration for all of our Aruba Controllers and so far it is working perfectly. Recently, we have bought two 7030 that runs only on ArubaOS 6.4. Most of the configurations are working as expected but when it comes to user roles, Airwave doesn't seems to understand that global-sacl and apprf-rolename-sacl are policies that cannot be removed from the role. Also, because those two are on the first and second position on the user role policy list, Airwave doesn't push the first and second policies of each role down to the controller.

Do I'm missing something for Airwave to detect that those two controllers are 6.4 or it's just not implemented? Is anyone has already encountered this problem?

Thx

Joniel

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS 6.4.x configuration in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 16, 2014 11:53 AM

It's expected that AOS 6.4.0.x would work with AirWave 8.0.0+.

If you're having issues, please open a support case so that support can collect the specific controller logs needed.  In the meantime, I'll have someone in QA start taking a look at the settings you mentioned.

• 3.  RE: ArubaOS 6.4.x configuration in Airwave

Posted Oct 22, 2014 04:16 PM

Hi Rob,

thank you for your reply. Per your suggestion, I had raised a ticket to support, but they haven't been really helpfull. At the end, they have suggested that I raise a feature request for Airwave on this...

Did you had more luck on your side? For now, I have to disable the RW management on those controller so Airwave doesn't change the configuration automatically. Really my big question is it just that Airwave is not fully supporting all features of ArubaOS 6.4 or it's a bug or I haven't activated something or RTFM?

Thx

• 4.  RE: ArubaOS 6.4.x configuration in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2014 05:43 PM

What was the support case number?

• 5.  RE: ArubaOS 6.4.x configuration in Airwave

Posted Oct 22, 2014 05:46 PM

Hi Rob,

the ticket number is: 1601246 

Thank you

• 6.  RE: ArubaOS 6.4.x configuration in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2014 06:09 PM

Thanks, I'll work with TAC to get this back in motion.

• 7.  RE: ArubaOS 6.4.x configuration in Airwave

Posted Oct 30, 2014 05:17 PM

Hi everyone,

just in case some of you wonder what is the status of this request:

TAC has opened back the ticket and has investigated the behavior (Thx rgin). So, I had an update today from TAC, basically it would not be "fixed" in Airwave but on the controller. From my understanding, the controller dev team will make a change in the way the AppRF ACL are handled by allowing us to delete those ACLs. There are no ETA for this modification.

That will definitly fix the issue (from my standpoint). Will see what is the result.

Thx rgin for your help on this one!