Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Auto Acknowledge doesnt seems to work with down devices just when the device comes up

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Auto Acknowledge doesnt seems to work with down devices just when the device comes up

Posted Nov 02, 2015 11:02 AM

Hello 

Im configuring an airwave and i got 2 simple rules

one that notify me when the devices comes up and it has the Auto Acknowledge for down and up 

The other rule when a devices goes down (this rule does not let me to put the Auto Acknowledge (but i was thinking that the other rule would do it as it would give me option for up and down devices.

In this second rule i got when an access point is down send me and email 

When its down for 5 minutes.

i got supress until Acknowledge in both rules.   As i dont want it to flood the email  

What i want to actually achive is this

If the AP goes down, send one email.

If the ap goes up send one email

For example if i got a rap 

I disconnect it i get the email

i reconned it i get the email

I disconnect it again and i dont get the email again... (as is not Auto Acknowledging)

If i reconnnecte it i get the email( because its Auto Acknowledging)

How can i achive what i need???

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: Auto Acknowledge doesnt seems to work with down devices just when the device comes up

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 04, 2015 10:24 AM

The auto-ack feature will be going away in 8.1/8.2 (DE23208).

• 3.  RE: Auto Acknowledge doesnt seems to work with down devices just when the device comes up

Posted Nov 04, 2015 11:48 AM

Okay 

So how can i achive this rob? without manually ackowledging? or is the only way?

What i want to actually achive is this

If the AP goes down, send one email.

If the ap goes up send one email

For example if i got a rap 

I disconnect it i get the email

i reconned it i get the email

I disconnect it again and i dont get the email again... unless i ackwoledge manually

If i reconnnecte it  ill not get the email.  unless i ackwoledge manually

• 4.  RE: Auto Acknowledge doesnt seems to work with down devices just when the device comes up

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 04, 2015 12:23 PM

Correction: Auto-ack for up/down alerts should still be available (there was a different auto-ack that was removed).  Let me try to replay your scenario to verify the behavior.

• 5.  RE: Auto Acknowledge doesnt seems to work with down devices just when the device comes up

Posted Nov 06, 2015 09:26 AM
    you scared me when you said auto-ack is going away.

• 6.  RE: Auto Acknowledge doesnt seems to work with down devices just when the device comes up

Posted Dec 20, 2015 07:15 AM

did you get this worked out Rob?