Network Management

Occasional Contributor I

Bandwidth Limitation By SSID

Hi,

I've deployed a guest network SSID with open security with access to only the internet. I want to limit the bandwidth of this guest network SSID to about 20Mb/s so that the critical SSID's and wired devices aren't impacted by giving away free internet to our guests.

In short, how do I aggregate the throughput of this SSID and limit it to a certain bandwidth? What is the best way to acheive this? I'm using IAP-215's managed by Aruba Central.

I see two options for bandwidth limitation. One is per user, which I don't particularly want to do, and the other is by airtime. I don't really understand the documentation on airtime bandwidth limits. Can someone explain this? Is it what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance.

Occasional Contributor II

Re: Bandwidth Limitation By SSID

Hi, just enter 20mbps and don't select the user checkbox. Now the total bandwidth is 20mbps per that SSID.

Cheers
Cheers,
Frank
Life off the wire
Occasional Contributor I

Got the email that you responded and tried right away!

The text field doesn't appear until I check the "Each User" text box, and it goes away when it's unchecked. I'm at:

Wireless Configuration > Advanced Settings > Bandwidth Limits

Any more suggestions?

Which version are you running? I have just tested it on the GA version.
Cheers,
Frank
Life off the wire
Occasional Contributor I

I believe this is the GA build, it says 6.4.4.3-4.2.2.0_53034.

I'm also doing this through Central as opposed to the instant UI, which one are you using?

Thanks for your support!

In the instant webpage
Cheers,
Frank
Life off the wire
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: