Network Management

Contributor I

Can I have a template configuration of cisco switch on airwave ?

[ Edited ]

Can i have a template from my cisco configuration edge switch and when i have a new one can i push this configuration to it?

Re: Can I have a template configuration of cisco switch on airwave ?

Depends on the switch model.  Most of the Catalyst line should be able to be managed.  What you first want to do is build the template in the AirWave group that already has a switch with 'golden config'.  Then on the new switch, just set it up so that there's ssh/telnet access with an IP, and then add it into the same group as the golden switch.  On the device's manage tab (in AirWave), toggle it to management mode.  It will then push the template.  If you have needs to variablelize more fields, you have the option to do that with a combination of the variable strings in the template + the correlating field on the device's manage page for what to populate for that field.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Contributor I

Thats looks good but is there is any specific models to be supported and specific IOS?

See supported Cisco Devices in Supported Device Guide.  There's 3 sections, 1) current APs, controllers, firmware. 2) switches.  3) depricated support for older gear.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: