Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Can I manage my SSIDs using Airwave?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Can I manage my SSIDs using Airwave?

Posted Feb 19, 2016 09:16 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the aruba universe and I just deployed airwave in my workplace (about 20 APs). I know I can delete and create SSIDs by accessing the virtual controller, I was wondering if I could do it directly in Airwave. Is it possible?

• 2.  RE: Can I manage my SSIDs using Airwave?

• 3.  RE: Can I manage my SSIDs using Airwave?

Posted Feb 19, 2016 01:54 PM

Hi there, I have read the manual, a different one but still very similiar since I'm using the W-Airwave. The thig is, according to the manual I can do what I want, which is create and manage SSIDs using Airwave and not the virtual controller, but there's no option on my Airwave to create a new WLAN, according to the manual it should have. If I try to add a new group it just creates a new group like the one I have with the deployed APs, but no WLAN information at all.

Untitled picture.png

Am I missing something dumb or should it really look like the image above?

• 4.  RE: Can I manage my SSIDs using Airwave?

Posted Feb 19, 2016 03:35 PM

If I edit the template of my virtual controller file in Airwave and rename an SSID for example, it works... but is there any way to do this (create/delete SSIDs) using Airwave graphical interface?

• 5.  RE: Can I manage my SSIDs using Airwave?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 19, 2016 03:46 PM

Did you enable "Instant GUI Config" in the Group?

• 6.  RE: Can I manage my SSIDs using Airwave?

Posted Feb 19, 2016 04:52 PM
    It's disabled right now. I tried to enable it earlier today, but I ended up needing to restore the virtual controller backup because I had lost all my instant configs (the master ap wasn't even broadcasting the instant ssid), I'm not sure if it's related though, I tweaked with a bunch of settings. I will try it again next week.