Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Can anyone please direct me to a procedure to convert a trial AirWave deployment to fully licensed?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can anyone please direct me to a procedure to convert a trial AirWave deployment to fully licensed?

Posted Aug 12, 2015 10:24 PM

Customer had previously installed a trial version of AirWave, and now I've been engaged to perform some wireless expansion at their location.  Part of their order includes a 200-device AirWave license.  I need to know the procedure to apply the license to the current AMP deployment.  I don't see the LICENSE tab on the interface that is normally there in a full version.  Will be using AirWave to push Instant AP configs, directed by Activate.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

• 2.  RE: Can anyone please direct me to a procedure to convert a trial AirWave deployment to fully licensed?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 12, 2015 10:25 PM
    What version of AirWave?

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: Can anyone please direct me to a procedure to convert a trial AirWave deployment to fully licensed?

Posted Aug 12, 2015 10:26 PM

it's version 8.0.7.1.

thanks!

• 4.  RE: Can anyone please direct me to a procedure to convert a trial AirWave deployment to fully licensed?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 12, 2015 10:31 PM

Home> License> Add.

• 5.  RE: Can anyone please direct me to a procedure to convert a trial AirWave deployment to fully licensed?

Posted Aug 12, 2015 10:34 PM

Unfortunately, that's the problem; the license option isn't there:AMP version.jpg

• 6.  RE: Can anyone please direct me to a procedure to convert a trial AirWave deployment to fully licensed?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 12, 2015 10:37 PM

Make sure you are logged in with root privileges.

license.png

• 7.  RE: Can anyone please direct me to a procedure to convert a trial AirWave deployment to fully licensed?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 12, 2015 10:38 PM
    It looks like you're not logged in as an administrator. Log in with the admin account.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 8.  RE: Can anyone please direct me to a procedure to convert a trial AirWave deployment to fully licensed?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 12, 2015 10:38 PM
    If you're not seeing the Licensing menu item on the home tab, then you should contact Aruba TAC.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 9.  RE: Can anyone please direct me to a procedure to convert a trial AirWave deployment to fully licensed?

Posted Aug 12, 2015 10:40 PM

Thanks a lot guys, didn't even cross my mind that these weren't admin creds (assumed they were).

Appreciate the super quick replies.