Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

Centralized licensing with 2 controllers

I want to centralize licence in order to set up network with 2 controllers : 7010 and 3200.

Firstly, license are just attached to my 3200.

My goal  is to deploy an architecture when one controller fails, the second becomes active.

Does VRRP answers it ?

I read documentation where it speaks about Master/Master , Master/local deployment.  In my case, do i really need master/local configuration ? I understand master is for global configuration wich is deployed to local controllers.

I want my controllers share same configuration (except local configuration) and centralize licenses wich are initially attached to 3200. At the end, 7010 become the primary controller, 3200 the secondary.

Best regards.

Guru Elite

Re: Centralized licensing with 2 controllers

You can do either method. Master/Backup is hot-standby whereas master/local
is active-active.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

Ok , if i want to set up a master/backup deployment (with master/backup licencing) i need to use VRRP ?

Licences attached physically to one controller at the begin can be centralized and usable for a pair of controllers by configuring it ? Or do i need to get other licences for this purpose ?

Best regards

Guru Elite

VRRP is required for master/backup. Master/local can be done across an L3
boundary.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

Do you know for licence ? Can i centralize licence initially physically attached to one controller ?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: