Network Management

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Change IP on Instant AP from Airwave

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Change IP on Instant AP from Airwave

Posted Oct 26, 2012 01:01 PM

Hi,

So I've been playing with using Airwave to provision Aruba Instant and it's working well.  I am able to push down a template and change the IP address/name of the Virtual Controller.

One thing I can't seem to work out how to do is to change the name or set a static IP address of the AP's themselves,  is it possible to do this on Airwave or do I need to do this from the Virtual controller web-page ?

Thanks

Lee

• 2.  RE: Change IP on Instant AP from Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 26, 2012 04:08 PM

For now, you'll want to do make per-ap changes from the VC web page.  But look forward to having the ability to do this in the near future (AMP 7.6).

• 3.  RE: Change IP on Instant AP from Airwave

Posted Feb 14, 2013 04:34 PM

HI Rob,

I am using 7.6.1.  When I go to the manage page of my IAP and change it's IP address from the Network Settings section fo the Manage page, it doesn't change the IAP's IP address.  Is this functionality not working yet ?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Change IP on Instant AP from Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 15, 2013 10:52 AM

Let me try to set this up in the lab and reproduce.  I'll update when I have more information.

• 5.  RE: Change IP on Instant AP from Airwave

Posted Feb 15, 2013 02:35 PM

We've tried using Airwave to change the name of an AP, which appears to work, but not completely.

The AP will show the new name in the VC, and in Airwave, but all syslog entries revert from the old name to the MAC address.

Changing the name in the VC changes it in the syslog messaging as well as the rest of the suite.

It looks like this isn't particularly mature just yet.

I too am looking forward to full management from Airwave for my iAP swarms.