Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Channel util graphs distorted

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Channel util graphs distorted

Posted Jun 08, 2018 04:00 AM

Dear,

running AMP version: 8.2.6.1

Controller version 6.5.4.3

Issue is that some of the channel utilization graphs are distorted, anyone has seen this before?

AMP_issue_1.jpgAMP_issue_2.png

We are using SNMP polling.

Kind regards,

Thomas

• 2.  RE: Channel util graphs distorted

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 08, 2018 04:27 AM

Thomas,

As far as I know, Channel Utilization is sent to Airwave using Amon, not snmp polling.  Do you have Amon configured on the controller?

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Tribal-Knowledge-Base/Why-you-should-always-enable-AMON-on-your-Aruba-Controller-when/ta-p/72104

• 3.  RE: Channel util graphs distorted

Posted Jun 08, 2018 04:29 AM

I will check with our end-customer, but then you shouldn't see any data when it isn't configured?

• 4.  RE: Channel util graphs distorted

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 08, 2018 04:37 AM

Correct.  That means the problem would have to be on the Airwave server either receiving or storing the data through AMON.

I would try the article here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Monitoring-Management-Location/Basic-AMON-troubleshooting-on-Airwave/ta-p/211841 or any other article on AMON troubleshooting to make sure it is being received and that the retention settings are not too high on that Airwave box.

• 5.  RE: Channel util graphs distorted

Posted Jun 08, 2018 04:45 AM

OK Thanks, i will forward it to my end-customer, I don't have remote access for the moment.

• 6.  RE: Channel util graphs distorted

Posted Jun 08, 2018 06:18 AM

I checked with our end-customer and we see the following:

AMP_issue_3.png

Looks OK I think?

We also have run the debug, but we don't know what exactly to look for. Do we open a ticket with TAC?

• 7.  RE: Channel util graphs distorted

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 08, 2018 06:36 AM

Yes, open a ticket with TAC. and let us know how it goes.