Network Management

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Client Count Per SSIDs -- Airwave Triggers

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Client Count Per SSIDs -- Airwave Triggers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 15, 2018 09:54 AM
      |   view attached

Hello team,

The scenario is simply to monitor the number of Clients associated per SSID, and have an email alerts signals if that number drops below a certain threshold

All APs serves essentially the same SSIDs

Please refer to the picture attached for the present setup witch, hence my question, do not seem to work

Any advice please?

• 2.  RE: Client Count Per SSIDs -- Airwave Triggers
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 16, 2018 10:05 AM

The screenshot you shared is looking for:

When Client Count is at most (not exceeding) 40 clients for a 5 min window on a single Radio or Interface with SSID1.  This means the single AP radio has to be the AP of association for the 40 clients.

Are you trying to isolate it per AP?  Or just across all APs that have the same BSSID?

If it's the latter, then you might try changing the 'limit by' from Radio/Interface to BSSID which would cover that SSID globally across all radios.

There's also a feature request in there to choose which hours this trigger is in effect for.  As it doesn't make sense to have this trigger if the clients aren't expected on the network 24 hours a day.  I'm just guessing, but most likely looking for client behavior 5 days a week from 8am - 5pm (give or take) - the ability to set a time window for an alert to be active doesnt exist currently.

• 3.  RE: Client Count Per SSIDs -- Airwave Triggers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 17, 2018 05:19 AM

FLAWLESS, that did the trick!

I did not interpret the trigger options properly, my understanding was that the BSSID is solely for one AP and the Radio is for all of them in aggregate, which obviously was all the way around.

Is there a document you can refer me to that explains the triggers options in sufficient details.

Much appreciate it and thanks INDEED.

• 4.  RE: Client Count Per SSIDs -- Airwave Triggers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 17, 2018 11:18 AM

I checked the documentation, it just gives a high level that describes each trigger, not the individual settings for each trigger.  I'll let the TechPub team know which might help for a future release.