Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Dealing with Rogue APs in Airwave?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Dealing with Rogue APs in Airwave?

Posted Oct 22, 2015 11:53 AM

Hello,

I see a bunch of Rogue APs - most of them are probably nothing to worry about - e.g. just a neighboring companies wireless.   However sometimes I see that people are setting up their own wireless units.  I need to stop this for security reasons as well as channel interference.  Is there anything I can do in airwave to block, flood or disable their device?    Should I do anything in airwave to improve performance when dealing with neighbor's wifi?

• 2.  RE: Dealing with Rogue APs in Airwave?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2015 01:09 PM
    This would happen using RFProtect on your controller but keep in mind that it is a gray area legally. 

In terms of organization, you can create rules to auto classify based on essid. 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 3.  RE: Dealing with Rogue APs in Airwave?

Posted Oct 22, 2015 01:25 PM

Thanks - I appreciate the response.  So you need to buy an additional software module?  I can't find rfprotect in airwave or is it on the APs direct?

• 4.  RE: Dealing with Rogue APs in Airwave?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 22, 2015 01:29 PM
    RFProtect is a license for the controller. Enforcement is managed by the controller and enforced at the AP. 

Thanks, 
    Tim

• 5.  RE: Dealing with Rogue APs in Airwave?

Posted Oct 22, 2015 01:35 PM

Thanks!