Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Difference between Facebook Wi-Fi and Facebook social login in Aruba Central

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Difference between Facebook Wi-Fi and Facebook social login in Aruba Central

Posted May 21, 2018 04:21 PM

Hi guys,

I have to configure social login in Aruba Central as the way to get access to my guest network. I have seen there are two options, Facebook Wi-Fi and Social Login > Facebook:

social.JPG

What is the difference between them? I have read the documentation but it is not clear.

Regards,

Julián

• 2.  RE: Difference between Facebook Wi-Fi and Facebook social login in Aruba Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 21, 2018 10:03 PM

Hi,

Social authentication will allow you to present several login options to your clients, i.e. FB, LinkedIn, or guest accounts created in Aruba Central.

If you select FB WiFi only, the user will be redirected to the FaceBook page, rather then your own Aruba Central Captive portal.

thanks,

• 3.  RE: Difference between Facebook Wi-Fi and Facebook social login in Aruba Central

Posted May 22, 2018 09:45 AM
    Hi Matthew,

Then do you mean the options FB Wi-Fi and social login with only the FB checkbox selected are the almost the same and the difference is the landing page that appears? Is the configuration process the same for both FB options?

Regards,
    Julián