Network Management

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Disable U-APSD on controller to prevent Iphone from sleep mode and disconnect

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Disable U-APSD on controller to prevent Iphone from sleep mode and disconnect

Posted Jan 12, 2017 03:05 AM

i am using controller 3600 with aruba os 6.4.4.1

Iphone is going into sleep mode when is locked and wi fi is disconnected 

how can i disable power save mode ( u-apsd ) to prevent iphone from going intp this mode

• 2.  RE: Disable U-APSD on controller to prevent Iphone from sleep mode and disconnect

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 12, 2017 04:16 AM

Whether a phone "sleeps" or not is a function of the phone and its applications.  U-APSD might not be the solution to your problem.  What are the symptoms and what is the application?

• 3.  RE: Disable U-APSD on controller to prevent Iphone from sleep mode and disconnect

Posted May 17, 2017 06:42 AM

I have the same problem exactly with the same contoller 3600 and software version at my place of work, Even tough the iphone 7 do not disconnect when locked at home with 3Com router.

When i made debugg it showed the client disassociate then reassociate with every lock or sleep from the phone.

Please need to know what option exactly in the controller so i can keep the iphone connected all the time and do not miss any notifications.

• 4.  RE: Disable U-APSD on controller to prevent Iphone from sleep mode and disconnect

Posted Jul 04, 2017 08:44 AM

Is it an open SSID without Encryption? Apple Devices automatically disconnect from that SSID to prevent MITM Attacks during lock screen.