Network Management

Contributor I

Discovery Agent seems off

Sometimes I have a hard time coming up with titles for my questions. I'd like to have something that is one line, but that someone else asking a similar question would find in a search. I believ I fail more than succeed.

In this case, there is a rogue showing up in AirWave, but as being detected by nearly every AP in my network. In the attached pic, the APs with name starting with RAL are in Raleigh NC, DAL are in Dallas TX, and the rest are in Springfield IL. I highly doubt that an AP is broadcasting a signal that strong, but how else am I to interpret this?

TIA, 

Russell

Guru Elite

Re: Discovery Agent seems off

What Rapids rules do you have configured?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

lots - see attached

Contributor I

Anything? Do you need more info from me?

Guru Elite

Find out what rule it says classified that client as what it is...

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

screenshot of rule is attached. Note that my initial question is why it is being shown in 3 states at the same time.

Guru Elite

So, you should open a TAC case so that they can get to the bottom of this.  I cannot see all of the SSIDs that you have configured under the rule, so I do not know what role they have to play in this.  There could be a bug, who knows, but I don't have enough information to determine that via partial information displayed here.  Please open a case with TAC so that they can get to the bottom of this.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: