Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Display the external IP address of the IAP in Airwave

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Display the external IP address of the IAP in Airwave

Posted Jul 31, 2014 10:23 AM

Hi,

I have a couple of IAPs connecting via HTTPS to my Airwave server, but I only see their "internal LAN IP addresses" like 192.168.2.110. Those IAPs are getting NATed in a router, but after all they terminate with their public IP at the Airwave IP and the NMS should see / know the public IP.

I tried to find a way, but wasn't successful so far. I'd be glad if you could answer or point me to the resource that documents that.

If this is not possible at all, it would be interesting to know if you plan to implement such a functionality.

Otherwise I'd like to set the "location" of the AP/Virtual Controller, but I didn't find a way to do that. It would be nice just to be able to apply a certain "location label" on the IAP cluster.

Thanks,

Regards,

Benny

• 2.  RE: Display the external IP address of the IAP in Airwave

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 31, 2014 01:35 PM

I've sent this to our AirWave-InstantAP test team to get a response.

• 3.  RE: Display the external IP address of the IAP in Airwave

Posted Aug 10, 2014 06:13 AM

Hi Rob,

Have you already heard back from your colleagues?

Thanks,

Regards,

Benny

• 4.  RE: Display the external IP address of the IAP in Airwave

Posted Jan 19, 2017 08:47 AM

Hi Rob

Do you by any chance have any update to this topic ?

I try to find the external IP of IAP connected to AirWave. 

Now I work with AirWave 8.2.2 and still can not find a solution how to get this information.

I know it has to be known to AirWave server because in cli I can see the external IP address of IAPs.

Problem is that I have almost a hundred of IAPs and I can not easly metch public ip with local ip of IAP.

I can see public IPs in netstat: i.e.

netstat:

tcp        0      0 airwave.autoconf.wifi:https 46.170.157.57:62650         ESTABLISHED

regards