Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Does airwave support Multiple SNMP Trap Destinations?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Does airwave support Multiple SNMP Trap Destinations?

Posted Nov 01, 2012 07:50 AM

Hi Folks,

Currently I have Airwave setup to send traps to one single destination where our ITNM server resides. I am setting up a new ITNM system and would like to forward traps to that location as well as the old one until the new location is fully tested, stable and setup.

Is it possible to setup multiple SNMP trap destinations in Airwave? I have only been able to find that it can send traps to one destination specified.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

**EDIT**

nevermind,  figured it out under the NMS tab for NMS Integration. Yoyu can setup multiple NMS servers.

• 2.  RE: Does airwave support Multiple SNMP Trap Destinations?

Posted Nov 01, 2012 11:45 AM

Yep you got it, also notice you can set triggers to go to either one or both. You can test out some new triggers before you go into production with your new server.

• 3.  RE: Does airwave support Multiple SNMP Trap Destinations?

Posted Oct 15, 2014 05:26 PM

Hi All,

What level of details can we pull from these traps if they are sent from Airwave to a NMS.  APs, Up/down, config, anything else?  Could we pull connectivity issues to Clearpass or Controllers as well?  Just thinking about the capabilities of the traps upstream.  

Thanks,

-John