Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

Error in CAD Layers

Hi,
I'm having a problem when addin new floorplan from .dwg file. When I come to the importing walls from CAD file no matter what layer i choose I always get the same result and it ia not the right one - some seemengly random walls are marked as concrete no matter that I choosen outer doors and wood (see "Outer doors.jpg") or inner doors (see "Inner doors.jpg").
And if I scale building before going to the CAD Layers nothing happens at all.
Does someone know what is wrong?

Thanks

Evgeniia

Aruba Employee

Re: Error in CAD Layers

Hi Evgeniia,

When you choose the wall type from drop down list in CAD layer the color of the wall type shows as red (concreate) only. It prompt the correct color code only after provisioning.

1.PNG

Sample dwg file which I uploaded in visularf it imported drywall (yellow color) succesfully.

I am able to scale the floor in AMP 8.2.3.1.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post addresses your query , give kudos:)

And what with scaling, it is OK that nå walls get marked as any type wall after I scale the building?

And how long it takes in genereal before walls can be seen after I'm done?

Aruba Employee

Hi,

I am able to scale the floorplan. When you use dwg file, visularf automatically read the floor dimensions, we dont need to enter the values manually. You can crop unused space on floor plan using scale option.

Walls will prompt immeditely once you done with provisioning, make sure wall option is checked in Floorplan Features section.

Regards,

Pavan

[ Edited ]

When I upload .dwg file scaling is wrong (see "Scale.jpg"), building is not nearly 1 km long, and it is not so long when I check it in AutoCAD.

And it's gone at least 10 -15 minutes after I pressed "Finish" button but no walls had come up. 

Aruba Employee

Hi,

Please follow bleow community link which I posted few weeks back, which explain floorplan calucalation

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Network-Management/VisualRF-resize-problem/m-p/290410#M6371

Regarding walls not showing after provisioning done, make sure check the box while selecting the wall type from drop down list in CAD layer.

Currently we have only four Wall Attenuations in VisualRF, if you have any different wall type, try manuall create new wall attenuation from Visualrf> Setup page.

I see you have selected wood type, since it is not present in the VisualRF attenuation list, it is not displaying.

1.PNG

Regards,

Pavan

If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)

Hi,

I have added "Wood " to wall attenuation type list, so I should be able to choose it and see it on the map (see "Wall Attenuation Settings.jpg"). And I do check the box while selecting the wall type from drop down list in CAD layer (see "CAD Layer.jpg") but despite it I do not see any walls displayed on the map after I'm done, wall option is checked in Floorplan Features section (see "Result.jpg").

Aruba Employee

Hi ,

I have attached sample dwg floor plan, try test it in your server. I have set cad layer walls as concrete and you could see its been updated.

1.PNG

May I know your Airwave version, if it is in lower version try upgrade to 8.2.3.1. If sample one working and your dwg file fail to fetch walls then something issue with your file.

Regards,

Pavan

I have AirWave 8.2.3.1

I don't see attached .dwg file

Aruba Employee

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: