Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Error message in AirWave about nightly maintenance failed

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Error message in AirWave about nightly maintenance failed

Posted Jun 25, 2015 08:55 AM

I am getting the error message when I log into  AirWave. The message is, "Nightly maintenance failed because of unsuccessful jobs: clean_database." We are running AirWave 8.0.8.1. What can be done to fix the issue?

• 2.  RE: Error message in AirWave about nightly maintenance failed

Posted Jun 25, 2015 09:14 AM
    Take a look at the following logs.
    /var/log/nightly_maintenance
    /var/log/nightly_backup
    See if you see an error message there.

• 3.  RE: Error message in AirWave about nightly maintenance failed

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 25, 2015 11:43 AM

Another thing to check is if nightly_maintenance is still running.

# psg night

(killing the process is not advised)

If you have a lot of unique clients, the number of unique clients is directly related to the time it takes for nightly maintenance to complete.  This behavior should be taken into consideration when setting the nightly maintenance schedule time (on AMP Setup->General).  Depending on how long a backup takes (backup completion times can be gathered by looking at: # ls -la /var/airwave-backup), you'll want to start the backup process close to the beginning of non-peak time (probably shortly after users drop off, or choose the next best time based on user patterns).

• 4.  RE: Error message in AirWave about nightly maintenance failed

Posted Nov 16, 2016 12:29 AM

We have the same problem as "Nightly maintenance failed because of unsuccessful jobs: clean_database." We are also running AirWave 8.0.8.1.

The process nightly_maintenance is none when I click psg night.

A few days ago ,another problem on the picture ,when I reboot the system ,night_backup was successful。

Now ,if I should change the night_maintenance time?

• 5.  RE: Error message in AirWave about nightly maintenance failed

Posted Nov 16, 2016 07:21 PM

I would recommend upgrading to 8.0.11.2 or 8.2.2.1 since there are some fixes related to how the database vacuuming works. TAC can help with running a manual vacuum before the upgrade.

• 6.  RE: Error message in AirWave about nightly maintenance failed

Posted Nov 17, 2016 02:33 AM
      |   view attached

I have had some tests on my own vmware by create the same version aiewave,but when I  ./amp_restore -d /tmp/databackup.tar.gz ,some mistakes is on the picture. Because we expires the warranty ,tac can not help us .I want to know how to  running a manual vacuum before the upgrade.The problem Database is not yet started, sleeping...  is ralated to the manual vacuum?